Jun 23 2012
To be seen as a fashionable individual, you will need to separate yourself from the pack. The fashion world is always changing, and it’s good to stay on top of the trends, so you can dress to impress. In this new series of articles, we will break down famous and infamous characters of film, and show you how to dress and embody them.
In this article, we are showcasing Tony Stark who was made famous by Robert Downey Junior. Tony Stark is a fictional billionaire, genius, playboy, and philanthropist (his words) and who loves to be seen. We will be breaking down three movies Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and The Avengers.
The costume designers who worked on the movies wanted to showcase Tony Stark as a polished, classy, and fashionable individual. In Iron Man, Tony Stark had an operation in the caves of afghanistan, to keep shrapnel from entering his heart, he put a miniature arc reactor in his chest, which became a part of him. The costume designers had to alter his costume, and add a light system to all of his shirts.
If you want to be seen in the threads of Tony Stark, you don’t need to be a billionaire, but you will need to drop some cash on certain of these items. So let’s begin with the 2007 breakout hit Iron Man:
- Suits: All suits were made by David August.
- Watches: Hublot Big Bang with a blue face and a Bvlgari Diagono Sport with a black face and black leather band.
- Sunglasses: Ray Ban 3320 and Robert Marc Style 719 Brown with Aqua.
- T Shirts: Black G Star tank top and Paul Smith Ribbed V-Neck Jumper.
Iron Man 2 came out in 2010, it instantly became a hit. The character Tony Stark loves to be seen in the best threads.
- Suits: All suits were again designed by David August. He wore a navy blue double breasted pinstripe suit and a ice blue button down shirt. He also donned a Stark Racing jacket.
- Watches: Tony wore three different Jaeger-LeCoultre watches, including your new limited edition AMVOX3 GMT Tourbillon watch in platinum.
- Sunglasses: Initium “All in” Square Aviators and Von Zipper “Fulton” Red & Black Checkered with Grey lenses.
- T Shirts: For most of the movie, Tony wears a prada forest green polo shirt.
In early 2012, The Avengers came out and smashed box office records, it also sparked interest in the fashion world. Here is what Tony wore in The Avengers:
- Jackets: Tony wore a polyester sport coat. It’s like a modern version of a M65.
- Watches: Tony wore a new Black Tuttonero Luminor Automatic.
- T Shirts: Tony wore a Black Sabbath shirt for most of the movie, which of course the creator of the Iron Man song.
If you want to be seen like Tony Stark, you can order this arc reactor shirt that really lights up, here is the link: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/e60f/